What kind of 'live entertainment' do you have in mind? Do you like to be serenaded by the velvet smooth sounds of 1950's American swing idols? Or would you prefer to rock out to the biggest anthems from your youth? Perhaps a DJ for a birthday party?
- Select the type of 'event' and 'location' then 'search' on our Home Page you will be shown all the Bands that fit your criteria. Double click on their photographs to see more detail and when you see an Act that you like click the 'Contact This Act' button to get a quote. Try and give as much detail as possible about your event including the date and location.
- It's advisable to make contact with as many Acts as possible, even if you think you have found "the one"! While a certain Act's profile may speak the most to you, nothing compares to having a conversation with them. It is not unusual for bands to be booked out 6 months in advance. Weekend nights, especially during the summer months are always in demand.
- Contact the band directly from their profile page and see if they are playing a venue near you. You'll find no better way to get a real sense of what the band are going to be like. Speak directly with the bands as soon as you can to discuss your event, availability and fees.
- Don't be afraid to ask to see a typical play-list for your event, a lot of bands have quite extensive repertoires and would be only to happy to advise you, or even let you choose some of your favourite songs from it. Bear in mind that you will be dealing with professionals who have played live hundreds, if not thousands of times. Take advantage of the bands vast experience and let them advise you which songs 'will' or 'won't' work in a particular setting.
- For weddings... let the Band know if there's a particular song you'd like played on the night, ask them if they'd mind playing it as a special request to you. Acts will gladly do as much as they can to make your evening that little bit extra special. Sometimes its also a good option to have your favourite song on CD and the DJ can play it for you.
- Very importantly, make sure you have agreed the fine detail in advance of the event. Everything from the time the band or DJ are to arrive, what time they go on stage, what time they will finish and any special requests.
- Get everything in writing or by e-mail so mix ups can be avoided on the night. Likewise the fee, what's included and the payment method should always be agreed upon before the event. Get started by looking through Wedding Bands in Ireland or our Wedding Church Singers in Dublin and get lots of quotes!